The online casino industry has been a rollercoaster since its inception in the late 1990s. However, with the introduction of tech-influenced innovations like live gaming, increased online gaming operators and mobile gaming, players can now navigate the internet with the best online casino Australia guide without stress.
Many think mobile gambling and live casinos are the peaks of online gambling, but there’s more to it. The industry has recently opened the gateway to smartwatch gambling, where you can access your casino apps, play games, and earn money with your smartwatch. This article will explain what smartwatches are, how you can use them to wager on games, the operators that offer this feature, and smartwatches you should consider.
What Are Smartwatches?
Smartwatches are computing devices you use to access and do several things simultaneously. Its name says it all. At first glance, it looks like a regular wristwatch, but it offers more features. These features include Bluetooth connectivity that connects your smartphone with your smartwatch and enables you to do the daily activities you do on your phone on your watch instead.
You can listen to music, read your emails, watch the weather report, and even answer your calls. That’s not all. Some watches help you track fitness through heart rate monitoring, sleep pattern, and step counting, among many others. And now, it has opened up to the world of gambling.
Overview of Smartwatch Gambling Apps
The online casino industry is now moving steadily toward using smartwatches to offer its games and services to a broader range of audiences. Smartwatch gambling apps are casino gaming apps that are compatible with your watch. This means you can play these games on your wrist while enjoying the best gameplay.
Since smartwatches are connected to your phone through Bluetooth, you can download these apps on your phone and access them on your wrist.
Gambling Operators That Accept Smartwatch Gambling
Although the smartwatch gambling industry is relatively new, in comparison with land-based casino resorts, and has many controversies about convenience, several online casinos now offer real money games using this medium. Some of them are:
Jackpot City has been offering premium entertainment since 1998, and they’ve ensured necessary upgrades to stay up-to-date. This online casino boasts hundreds of game varieties lining its library, including online slots, roulette, and blackjack, top-notch payment options, quality customer support services, a fantastic website user interface, and, most importantly, mobile compatibility.
888 is a highly licensed operator that’s been running since the ’90s. This casino is licensed by the United Kingdom Gaming Commission and the Gibraltar Gambling Commission. These are some strict authorities, which shows the legitimacy of this operator. Their services are decent, with no deposit welcome bonus that you can access on your smartwatch.
Wild casino raises the bar with its great mobile compatibility apps that extend to your watch. That’s not all. They also offer various games, fantastic customer support service with 24/7 live chat, and an easily navigable website that won’t frustrate you.
While Las Atlantis is a new platform that only opened in 2022, they’ve taken the gaming world by the horn. Las Atlantis offers so much to the gambling society, and mobile gaming is at the top of the list. They boast generous bonuses like a 280 % welcome bonus and game varieties like mobile slots, new releases, and classics. You can access their customer service efficiently, and their user interface is also incredible.
Bovada tops the leaderboard regarding top-notch gambling operators. There are over 300 casino games, a generous bonus offer, quality customer support, and a superior poker room. This is all available to access on your smartwatch, and you’re guaranteed the best gaming experience.
Pros and Cons of Using Your Smartwatch to Gamble
There are several controversies regarding the pros and cons of smartwatch gambling, and you might be sceptical about using a small screen to gamble when you can whip out your phone. However, these are the advantages and disadvantages players in Australia can expect from playing casino games with these gadgets.
The pros are the following:
- You can play games anywhere, including in your office, on the couch at home, and during your commute.
- These apps are optimised to give you simple gameplay that won’t be too complicated for your screen.
- You can perform other activities while gambling, like searching baccarat glossary, which is more straightforward than holding a phone.
The cons include the following:
- Due to the new nature of this industry, there are several mobile slots and casino gaming apps that aren’t licensed or optimised to work well.
- Playing games can quickly drain your battery life, hindering other day-to-day activities.
- There are limited game varieties, which can be discouraging, as there’s no point in registering when you can’t even play your favourite game.
- Texts might be hard to see. Since your screen is so tiny, you might have a hard time reading or seeing what’s on the screen during a round of the game. This is especially advantageous if you’re in public.
Smartwatches That Support Gambling Apps
It’s a bonus if you already have your smartwatch, but if you’re thinking about the purchase and you don’t know the best one to choose, these are some of the top-notch gaming devices you should consider:
- Motorola 360. Motorola 360 has durable gorilla glass that won’t break from a fall, it’s also scratch resistant, and you don’t have to worry about a rough screen. The juicy advantage of using it is that there are specially optimised games, like Spin Palace and roulette, solely for Motorola 360. The downside is that it’s not customisable due to its unchangeable bands and doesn’t have any unique features to its build.
- LG Watch Sports. There are a lot of unique features with this one. Besides its amazing 3-day battery life, it has an LTE chip that makes gaming seamless, even when you’re not around your phone. There’s also a featured GPS tracker that tracks your movement. It also boasts a built-in fitness tracker that monitors your heart rate, steps, and stress level. However, it’s a bit expensive and has a bulky build, which might be considered heavy.
- Apple Watch Series 7. Like many Apple products, the Apple watch is a water-proof device with the iconic Siri web browser. It has a long list of special features with a unique look. You can gamble for a long time due to its lasting battery life. The downside is that it’s expensive, and its screen is smaller than others.
Smartwatch gambling is an exciting concept, and it promises to get better after its full development and implementation. While the gaming concept is still in its infancy and might need more tweaks and improvement to reach perfection, it is already delivering great results. You can also jump on the bandwagon and choose your favourite smartwatch for easier gambling.