TweakBox is an excellent alternative to the iOS app store, with tons of games, apps, tweaks, and more to download. It’s all free and there’s no need to jailbreak.
TweakBox is a feature-packed app store with all the following content:
- App Store Apps – lots of official iOS apps and games for free
- TweakBox Apps – unofficial apps and tweaks, including emulators, screen recorders, Cydia tweaks and more
- Tweaked Apps – top stock apps with extra features
- Modified Games – top stock games, unlocked and with new features
How to Download TweakBox:
- Using Safari browser, open the TweakBox page and tap the Configuration Profile link
- Tap Allow and then Install
- When Settings opens, tap on Install Profile and type your passcode in when asked
- Safari opens, tap on Install TweakBox > Install
- Settings will open once more – tap Install > Next >Done
- You will see TweakBox on your home page when it is installed
How to Use TweakBox:
- Open TweakBox from your home screen
- Tap on Apps
- Choose a category and tap on an app or game to download
- Tap Install and follow the in-app installation directions
- The app is on your home screen when the installation is complete
Frequently Asked Questions:
These are the most commonly asked questions:
How Can I Fix the Untrusted Developer Error?
- Open iOS Settings and tap General
- Tap Profiles and find the Developer name
- Tap it and tap Trust
- Close Settings – the error is gone
Is My Warranty Safe?
Yes, because TweakBox is legal to use. Not jailbreaking means no root access and Apple cannot revoke your warranty. However, some of the tweaks are a different matter – if anything goes wrong with your device and it has to go to an Apple store, delete the tweaks first.
App Cannot be Downloaded or Verified Error Message – How to Fix?
Apple has most likely revoked the app certificate, as they commonly do with unofficial content. The easiest thing to do is delete TweakBox, wait a couple of hours for the developers to replace the certificate and then install it again. You might also see the error if you use ++ apps at the same time as their stock counterpart – delete the stock app before downloading the modified version.
How to Fix Can’t Connect to TweakBox Error Message
This is also a result of the certificate being revoked. Leave the app for a few hours and the certificate will have been replaced – the app should work.
Can I Ask for Specific Apps and Games?
Yes, you can use the official Twitter feed to place your request but there is no guarantee it will be found.
Fixing Common TweakBox Errors
Although TweakBox is stable, a couple of common errors keep cropping up:
Blank Screen or Greyed-Out Icon
- Open Settings and tap on Safari
- Tap the Clear Website Data option
- Try TweakBox, everything should be back to normal
TweakBox Stopped Working
As an unofficial app, Apple are unable to verify the app source – you can do this:
- Delete TweakBox
- Reinstall it using the guide above
- Open Settings
- Open General > Profiles
- Tap the TweakBox profile and tap on Verify or Trust
- Close Settings – TweakBox should be working again
Invalid Argument Supplied
This looks worse than it is:
- Delete TweakBox
- Reinstall it and power your iPhone or iPad off completely
- Reboot it and open TweakBox
- Tap on Settings and apply any waiting updates
Unable to Download TweakBox
A common occurrence, this is one of the easiest errors to fix
- Delete TweakBox
- Reboot your device and reinstall the app store
- You should find it works now
The likely reason for this is because you have an earlier version of the app store and a conflict has occurred.
Profile Installation Failed
This typically occurs at busy times, when the Apple servers are struggling with the flow of traffic. First, wait a few hours and then try again. If you can’t get rid of the error, try this:
- Enable the Airplane Mode on your iPhone or iPad
- Tap on Settings > Safari
- Tap Clear History and Website Data
- Tap Clear History and Data
- Disable Airplane mode and wait a couple of minutes
- The app should now install
My TweakBox App have Crashed:
Again, this is down to the certificate being revoked. When you reinstall TweakBox, make sure you install one of the recommended VPNs – not only will this protect your identity online, but it will also stop the certificates from being revoked.
TweakBox is one of the best alternatives to the iOS app store so download it on your device today and enjoy everything your new app store has to offer – it’s all free and there’s no need to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.