In Minecraft, Redstone is the main source of energy used to complete various circuits. We used Redstone to make the gate automatic, which means when you approach the gate it opens automatically and when you walk away it closes, so you don’t have to do it manually every time. So, all the steps required to craft the automatic door in Minecraft have been covered in this article.
How to make a secret door in Minecraft with sticky pistons
A pressure plate activated door is very handy, but not too secret. To hide it from others, you can build it out of a material that matches your door. This way, your door will only be visible if someone is standing over the dishes. Here’s how to make such a door:
- Place two sticky piston blocks on top of each other.
- Make the same four block sticky piston build and two blocks from the first.
- Place two stone blocks on top of each other next to each Sticky Piston tower. You should now have a distance of two blocks between two identical buildings.
- Place redstone torches at the bottom of each sticky piston pillar. They must be located outside your door.
- Place a stone block in the middle of each pillar, just above the redstone torches.
- Drill a 2×6 block hole in the ground between the sticky pistons under the stone block building. Cover the hole with Redstone.
- Cover the surface of the hole with grass blocks to hide it.
- Place pressure plates on each side of the stone block structure. As you stand on the pressure plates, the stone block construction expands, opening your “door”.
- Build a stone construction of any shape around the “door” to hide it. Be sure not to cover the pressure plates.
Oaks are the most common type in the game, so you shouldn’t have a problem locating them in most cases. The oaks are medium brown in color. These are the biomes that have oak trees:
- Bamboo Jungle
- Dark Forest
- Sparse jungle
- Windswept Forest
Where to find redstone dust in Minecraft
For something more complex than a common door and crowbar, you’ll need redstone and its tech components like repeaters, stone torches red, red stone blocks, etc.
For this, and also depending on the size and construction of the gate, you may need quite a bit of redstone dust.
Door in Minecraft
Doors can spawn naturally in all Overworld towns and forests. In the Nether, they can spawn in Nether Strongholds. Fortresses, some shipwrecks may also contain a naturally occurring door at the entrance.