The technological revolution has been so great in recent years that we can hardly imagine any activity without the use of a computer. This reason is causing major headaches when these great allies fail like Windows 10 random restart . Consequently, HDGamers was given the task of finding viable solutions to the Windows 10 random reboot problem.
What is Windows 10 random restart?
In general, when we are presented with the Windows 10 random restart the alarms go off when we think that it is a big error that is happening inside our computers. However, this is not always the case.
Basically the Windows 10 random restart is a mechanism of the operating system to correct errors, catastrophic in fact, of the famous blue screens.
So there is no need to raise your red alert voice or start to consider the fact that your computer will perpetually stop working.
Why does Windows 10 random restart occur?
In this order of ideas, the fact of encountering a random restart of Windows 10 means that within the configuration of the computer there is a problem that the operating system itself tries to solve.
In this sense, we can find a conflict between an update or that some component of the system is beginning to show symptoms of ending its useful life.
However, the most common cause for a random restart of Windows 10 to occur is usually the overheating of our computers. After all, they are devices where we usually spend most of our days.
It should be noted that this increase in the optimal temperature for what it says present this alarming error comes, in the vast majority of cases, with the heating of the graphics cards or the computer controllers.
Likewise, it may be the presence of a virus or malware that is hosted within our operating system that may be causing certain protocol conflicts between software and hardware. As you can see, there are many reasons why a restart occurs so there is no reason to be alarmed.
However, when the random restart of Windows 10 is a constant situation on your computer, it can become a real problem, especially when it affects your daily rhythm. That is why in HDGamers we have given ourselves the task of exploring some options to help you solve this error.
How to solve Windows 10 random restart?
Continuing with the common thread of this article, when we talk about some methods that will allow us to end the random restart of Windows 10 when it becomes a daily routine. It is that in HDGamers we have made the list of alternative solutions that we will present below.
Before continuing, it is important to highlight that due to the nature of each of the procedures that we will present in this segment, we have decided to catalog them into two large groups.
No extra Software
In this segment we will explore some ideal methods to avoid Windows 10 random restart without the need to purchase additional software on our computer.
Disables automatic restart of Windows 10
The first method that we are going to expose in this section is one that HDGamers recommends that it be your starting point in the search to solve your restart problems. In this sense, we will teach you how to disable automatic restarts in the operating system.
To be able to execute this procedure and thus begin to get rid of that annoying problem and, at the same time, discard any failure of any component of your computer; you just have to follow the next steps:
- To get started, right click on PC or My PC and select the properties option.
- When this window opens, go to the menu on the left and click on Advanced System Options .
- Here you will have to go to the Advanced tab.
- In it, click the settings button under the Start and Recovery option.
- Next, look for the segment titled System Failures and uncheck the Automatic Restart option.
- Click OK to finish the configuration.
- Lastly, and ironic as it sounds, you will have to restart your computer for the changes to be saved.
Modify the power options
At this point it is important to remember that one of the main reasons why the Windows 10 random restart occurs is our CPU overheating.
In this sense, with this method we can calibrate the energy consumption to minimize the team’s effort and thus avoid an increase in temperature.
However, it is a method that no matter how effective it ends up being, it will always have a reduction rate in the team’s performance. So we recommend that you use it with caution.
So, in order to carry out the modification of the power options of our computer, we will only have to follow the procedure that we will describe below:
- First, right-click on the power icon in the taskbar.
- Then select Power Options .
- Here you will have to click on change the plan settings.
- Then head to the advanced power settings.
- Scroll down the different categories and display Processor Power Management .
- Then click on the Minimum Processor Status option.
- Here you will have to set it to a low state. We recommend that you set a value between 0 and 5%.
- Just like the previous method, click the apply button, then click ok and you end up restarting your computer to save the changes.
Reinstall the graphics card drivers
In this order of ideas, it is relevant to remember that another of the causes of the random restart of Windows 10 is some error in the drivers, mainly those related to the operation of the graphics card.
Therefore, in this method we will teach you how to update them or, rather, reinstall the drivers to try to solve this problem. To do this you just have to follow the procedure that we will explain below:
- The first thing you have to do is press the Windows and R keys to open the executor.
- Next, in the command window, you will type msc and press the Enter key to open the device manager.
- Find and expand the display adapters .
- Now you will have to find the graphics card you have installed.
- When you find it, right click and then select the Uninstall option.
- When you’re done, go back to the graphics card. Right click again and now select Update Driver Software .
- In the window that will appear, choose the option Automatically search for updated driver software . Give it your time to finish the search process.
With the steps that we have previously described, it should be enough to solve the problem of Windows 10 random restart . However, it is possible that these fail.
In this case, continue with the procedure below:
- Download the driver with the latest update for your graphics card.
- Repeat the previous steps.
- In the options window to update the graphics card driver, we will take the option of Find driver software on my computer .
- Then choose the option Let me choose from a list of device drivers on my computer .
- Now choose a compatible driver from your graphics card list and click next.
- Wait for this process to finish and then restart your computer to save the changes.
Restore the system
This method that we will recommend below to solve the problem with Windows 10 random restart is possibly your last option.
Since it is about recovering the configuration of your computer to a previous point in time. Therefore, you will lose everything you have done from that point. Therefore, we recommend that you first make sure you have two partitions on the disk and back up your valuable information.
After following these recommendations, to restore the system to a previous point you just have to follow the following steps:
- First, press the Windows and R keys.
- Now you will type cpl and give enter.
- Then you will have to select the System Protection tab and choose System Restore .
- Click next to select a reference point to which you want to restore the system.
- From this point on, just click next until your computer restarts. With this, the process will end.
With extra Software
Continuing with the methods to avoid the random restart of Windows 10 we find a series of alternatives where the need for additional software becomes crucial to achieve our end.
Unlike the previous recommendations, here we will see some options where those methods failed and it forces us to call an extra program to help us end our problem.
Use CCleaners and Malwarebytes
The first of the methods with extra software that we will introduce you is one that is quite popular with users around the world. This is the use of CCleaners and Malwarebytes .
To put these great allies to good use to avoid the Windows 10 random restart , just follow these steps:
- Run Malwarebytes and let it scan your entire computer.
- If it encounters a virus, it will automatically remove it.
- At the end of its function, it runs the CCleaner .
- Select your Cleaner mode.
- In case this program asks you the question Do you want to make copy changes security in the registry? Just tell him yes.
- Upon completion of this process, restart the computer.
As you can see, it is a method that basically assures us that our computer will be free of viruses that can cause any conflict with the protocols causing the random restart of Windows 10.
At this point it is important to remember that one of the main architects of the random restart of Windows 10 occurring is the overheating of the components of our computers.
To prevent this from happening and constantly monitor the performance and temperature of our work, communication and entertainment tool. We recommend using this method using the HWMonitorPro .
- In the first instance, we have to download the program.
- After you have installed the HWMonitorPro , run it and it will automatically be in the background.
- Then run any program that demands a large amount of resources from your computer. For example, a video game.
- Wait a few minutes and close the program.
- Go to the HWMonitorPro and check the records it dropped.
In case I tell you that it did indeed overheat, then you’ve just found the true origin of the Windows 10 random restart . This may be because the components are failing or, and is the most common cause, that the fans are blocked.
So if this is the case, you are only going to need to carefully clean the CPU fans and with that you should have solved your problem.
Latest recommendations on Windows 10 random restart
Finally, it is important to comment that the methods we have previously recommended are those where you will not need the help of any computer expert to solve.
However, if the Windows 10 random restart persists, it is highly recommended that you assist a person trained to handle these cases. Since there are some methods, such as BIOS settings, that are more invasive to the operating system and that, if you make a mistake, you can irreversibly damage your computer.
However, at HDGamers we hope that these methods to solve the Windows 10 random restart will be enough so that you can continue enjoying the use of a tool that is so important that we rarely forget that you need your watch out.
I just wanna play!
Contact author: firstname.lastname@example.org