It is difficult to imagine where video games would be without the great precursors they had in the late 90s. It was games like Counter Strike that opened the door to what we now know as the gamer era. At this point is where we find stories as rich and challenging as Half Life 1 that will provide you with long hours of fun. That is why, to help you overcome every obstacle that this great game presents to you, in HDGamers we bring you the Half Life 1 Console Commands.
With them you will be, in a few words, a God in an alternative history to a great classic such as Counter Strike. After all, the adrenaline of entering an armed combat between forces of order and terrorists will not always be at your fingertips without exposing your life.
What are Half Life 1 Console Commands?
As we discussed in a previous HDGamers contribution where we discussed the Half Life 2 commands ; When we talk about this game we refer to a kind of adaptation to a role-playing game of Counter Strike .
Here we will have to do missions and travel through incredible maps in the style of the mythical shooter saga. This implies that we will be armed with the latest in military equipment which makes it an irresistible offer.
Therefore, the Half Life 1 Console Commands are part of this range of tools that will allow us to complete our missions without major difficulties. Basically because it is a series of codes that will enable hidden traps in the game in our favor.
First recommendations on Half Life 1 Console Commands?
Preparation before entering any game is essential for any player, and this is no exception. Therefore, when we talk about the Half Life 1 Console Commands it is really important to know some details before executing them.
In this sense, we must start by knowing how to introduce these tricks. To do this, we must open the developer console ; however, you need to configure the game in a way that allows us to achieve this.
The truth is that it is a fairly simple procedure that we will describe below:
- First you have to go to the folder where the game is installed.
- Once there, locate the Half-Life file. (You can also do it on its shortcut).
- Right click on it and go to Properties.
- The destination field is displayed in the file location and should look something like this:
- C: \ Program Files \ Sierra \ Half-Life \ hl.exe
- Now, you just have to type –console. It will look like this:
- C: \ Program Files \ Sierra \ Half-Life \ hl.exe “–console.
- To finish, just save the changes and close the window.
Note: If you have a Game of the Year version of Half-Life, enter an additional command parameter called -dev. So the shortcut or path will look like this:
C: \ Program Files \ Sierra \ Half-Life \ hl.exe “-dev –console
How do I use the Half Life 1 Console Commands?
After doing these steps, all you have to do is run Half Life 1 as an administrator. Once inside, press the tilde key on your keyboard since, by default, it is the one that will open the developer console.
Here a dialog box will be displayed, similar to the chat, where you have to write the sv_cheats 1 command in order to enable the rest of the tricks. Once you write the traps you want to activate, you will only have to Enter to start enjoying their great benefits.
It should be noted that you can achieve this in another way. It is similar since the concept is the same; However, the way to enter changes and you will see it below:
- First you have to go to this path: Home > All programs > Accessories > Command prompt
- Once here, find the file you just modified and run it.
- This will open the console without needing to be in the game.
The Half Life 1 Console Commands
After assimilating all the wealth of information that we have previously presented to you about the Half Life 1 Console Commands </ strong>, it is time to know each and every one of these tricks that will make our game an incredible adventure.
- This is the most important cheat in the game since, as we said before, it is the one that enables the rest of the cheats.
Weapons and equipment commands
/ impulse 101
- Opening this key will get all weapons and ammunition.
/ impulse 101
- By unlocking this code you get HEV suit, weapons and ammo.
/ map < map name >
- If you need the selection of maps, you must activate this key.
/ give < item name >
- Enabling this key returns the specified element.
/ impulse 202
- Unlock this key to generate blood.
Effect and combat commands
/ sv_gravity < -999 – 999999 >
- If you enable this command, the gravity is adjusted by the desired amount.
/ impulse 195; / pulse 196; / impulse 197; / impulse 199
- With the activation of these codes the information of the IA node is obtained.
- Used to disable automatic reloading.
/ + reload
- Its opening enables automatic recharging.
/ impulse 109
- With this code you can control the monsters on the screen.
/ impulse 104
- If this command is enabled, the global entities will be listed.
/ impulse 103
- Redeem this key exposes monster inventories while watching monster.
- By activating it, you make opponents ignore the player.
- This command returns you to the first person view.
/ lambert -1.0001
- You need to see the objects brilliantly without the flashlight, enable this code.
/ rate < 0-3500 >
- Unlocking this key allows you to set the reload speed according to the amount you specify (0 is the fastest, 3500 is the default).
/ impulse 105
- You want to be a silent gamer you must enable this code.
/ impulse 76
- By activating this cheat you will be able to generate a growl.
/ impulse 102
- With its activation you can reproduce gibs and blood.
- You want to commit suicide, activate the present key.
/ impulse 107
- Enabled to get the name of the texture while looking at the object.
- If it is redeemed, you can enable third-person view.
Commands to activate game modes
/ impulse 203
- If you need to eliminate the monsters / NPCs you must activate this key.
/ developer 0
- Use this command to disable developer mode.
/ developer 1
- If you apply this key you activate the developer mode.
- To be invincible you use this command to enable God mode.
/ impulse 106
- Unlocking this code displays model / sprite stats while looking at the target.
- Used so that the cropping mode is not activated.
/ speak < word.word2.word3 >
- This present command expresses the specified phrase.
/ speak < word >
- Activate this key when you need to say the specified word.
/ r_fullbright 9
- This command enables strange colors and wireframes.
/ host_framerate < 0/1 >
- Use it to toggle the speed of the game.
/ r_fullbright < 0/1 >
- This command deactivates / activates the light amplifier.
/ developer 2
- Use this key to expose the developer mode in detail.
Latest recommendations on Half Life 1 Console Commands
At this point you will feel like an expert on the Half Life 1 Console Commands ; however, you are still far from that level. This is because there are still some considerations about the aforementioned tricks that you should know to improve your experience.
The first of these and, possibly the most important, is that the excessive use of these codes can lead to an error in the game that prevents it from running correctly. That is why you should use them only when it is really necessary.
However, it doesn’t hurt to back up your game from time to time to avoid losing your progress. On the other hand, if you find it difficult to use the check mark to open the console, you can modify it in the keyboard settings to the key that suits you best.
Finally, it is well known that these Half Life 1 Console Commands are only valid for the game on computers. So the gamers of this great console can feel blessed to have an incredible ally to enjoy a unique adventure that you cannot miss.